VTL TP 2.5 Series II Phono Preamplifier
The new TP2.5 Series II phono stage represents a tremendous value for those looking to assemble a high resolution analog system at a reasonable cost. Completely redesigned from the earlier version, the TP2.5 is trickled down from our flagship phono stage, the renowned TP6.5. Delivering a large measure of the musicality and resolution of its much more expensive stablemate, the new TP2.5 offers dramatic improvements in speed, delicacy, nuance and drive.
Crafted with a similar high quality build and finish as VTL’s more expensive models, the TP2.5 has an elegant silhouette, and the features to match. With an eye toward flexibility and user friendliness, the 2.5 offers user-adjustable cartridge impedance, and two levels of gain, with inputs for both MC and MM cartridges. JFET/tube hybrid circuitry is used for the MC stage, and all-tube circuitry for the MM stage. Enhanced RIAA compensation and a front-panel switchable rumble filter offer even more functionality. The signal path is purposely kept simple and direct, with audiophile-grade components throughout, for ultimate sonic purity.
With the new TP2.5 phono stage, we have created an entry to true high-end analog sound. The VTL ‘family’ genes of highly resolved detail, linearity and controlled bass are all there, along with a musicality, depth and spaciousness you won’t find in most phono stages. For the true music lover seeking to capture the special magic that only a fine analog system can provide, the new TP2.5 Series II phono stage is an essential component.
- Low noise hybrid JFET/tube active MC stage, and pure tube MM stage
- Separate MM and MC inputs
- User-switchable MC resistive cartridge loading with 6 settings: 100Ω, 250Ω, 470Ω, 1kΩ, 4k7Ω, 47kΩ
- User- switchable MC gain settings of 62dB and 56dB
- Innovative low feedback, low insertion loss split pole RIAA filter
- User-switchable Enhanced RIAA function
- Buffered output for driving low impedances through any cable
- Zero microprocessor noise
- Front panel Power, Rumble and Mute switches
- Audiophile-grade components throughout, including REL caps
- Toroidal power transformer with comprehensive AC RF filtering
We Also Recommend