Merging Technologies NADAC+Power
Critical acclaim suggests that MERGING+PLAYER and MERGING+NADAC sounds amazing so that would indicate that our designers selected a fine power supply. There is a body of opinion that maintains that removing all AC components from the chassis should improve the performance even more.
MERGING+POWER is the answer.
MERGING+POWER is designed for the ultimate no-compromise audio performance. It boasts some very innovative features:
- Hybrid design - Switch Mode mixed with Toroidal transformer
- The Switch Mode powers the high current applications such as the main DSP/FPGA as well as the Media Player.
- The Analog section powers the analog stage plus the noise sensitive digital areas.
- +13 volt DC main power switch which can handle 7.5 amps continuous current and has an optimized 2nd order low cut filter to attenuate high frequency noise while preserving optimum transient performance.
- +16 V/-16 V/+6V main Analog power supplies can handle 1 Amp continuous currents. The optimized 2nd order low cut filter feeds the Linear Technology LDOs (Low Dropout Regulator). This design of LDO has better performance and protection characteristics than most discrete designs.
- Instrument grade Real-Time power monitor keeps everything smooth with more than 3kV of isolation between the power and control sections.
- Copper Foil Inductor technology for ultimate sonic performance.
- Merging Capacitor Array (MCA) technology mixes three types of capacitor - Polymer + Aluminum + Polypropylene. The latter is designed to aerospace and military specifications.
- Highest Specification FR-4 printed circuit board designed to deliver military grade performance in a severe environment.
We Also Recommend