VTL IT-85 Integrated Amplifier
The VTL IT-85 Integrated Amplifier is designed for those who seek the simplicity of a single chassis system, but with the performance of separates. Designed with a fully active preamplifier stage, the IT-85 delivers a hearty 60 watts per channel with the sonic characteristic that is similar to our well regarded ST-85 Stereo amplifier and the TL2.5 preamplifier combination – fast, musical 3-D sound, and solid bass support that VTL is known for.
The IT-85 is a full linestage preamp and power amplifier in one chassis, and the linestage section has sufficient gain and a buffered output to be able to drive a subwoofer through the preamp out. The headphone section of the IT-85 is driven off the tube output stage and output transformer of the power amplifier section thus making it an ideal high performance pure tube headphone amplifier for headphone aficionados.
The IT-85 is designed to accommodate future upgrade — when you are ready to add a subwoofer, separate pre- or power amplifier, surround processor or headphones to your system, the IT-85’s many different output stage configurations can be easily and painlessly re-configured, often with just the flip of a switch. Hand built in our factory in California with the proven VTL quality, the IT-85 will give you lasting value and listening pleasure for years to come.
- High power, capable of driving a wide range of loudspeakers
- Remote controlled volume and mute (custom remote wand), automatic mute on power up and down
- Pure tube active line stage, with buffered pre-out and regulated B+
- One pair of processor loop / direct amplifier inputs
- One pair of tape outputs
- Amplifier-driven headphone output, front panel selector switch (pre out mutes on headphone insertion)
- No-load automatic shutdown in headphone circuit
- Built-in upgrade path for precisely gain-matched horizontal biamping with VTL ST-85
- Extruded machined aluminum front panel in silver (standard) or black, and protective cage
- High quality VTL ST-85 power supply components and output and power transformers
- Easily accessible individual output tube bias measurement and adjustment points on top deck
- Angled-back chassis for easy access of inputs and outputs, sturdy quality structural fit and finish
- Detachable IEC power cord, high quality gold-plated VTL custom binding posts and RCA jacks
- All hand-built in the VTL California factory
We Also Recommend